I am honored to be on the board and part of the Ubuntu Education Fund family (www.ubuntufund.org). This amazing organization transforms township children’s lives from cradle to career. We use our 12 years of grassroots experience and rigorous business practices to create a comprehensive, creative pathway out of poverty for each of the 2,000 children we serve. We are a community-based international organization in Zwide Township, South Africa. We are doing the simplest, most basic thing that people have always done in order to prosper: we are raising children. This means going through exams, illnesses, adolescence, clothes shopping, counseling, and so much more. It’s simple because it’s something we all want to do. It’s radical only because very few organizations do this. Most of the children we work with are either orphaned, HIV positive or come from extreme poverty. We become their extended family and support them on all levels until they are able to support themselves. Here is a short video from there.
Visit The Store
Short Bio of Author
I am the founder and director of the Eleven Eleven Wellness Center in New York City, where my personal blend of Western and many other medicines, what I call Good Medicine, has helped thousands of people recover their energy and zest for life.
- Interview with the amazing Bulali Dyakopu from Ubuntu
- Ubuntu Education Fund’s, Mpilo-Lwazi Health Initiative
- Ubuntu Education Fund, 10 Years Later
- Friends In Deed, Crisis Center for Life-Threatnening Illness
- Interview with Jacob Lief, author of I Am Because You Are, the untold and inspirational story of the Ubuntu Education Fund