By Be Well Health Coach Amanda Carney
This simple yet flavorful dish is perfect for this time of year, and can be a great addition to any holiday party!
- 2 cups carrots, rinsed and diced
- 1 large winter squash, peeled and diced (kabocha, butternut, red kuri, acorn, delicata, etc.)
- 2 cups parsnips, rinsed and diced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper for sprinkling
- Optional ingredient: 2-4 teaspoons dried herbs for sprinkling (thyme, rosemary and/or oregano)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare all veggies.
- Place chopped veggies in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil until all are thinly coated and sprinkle with sea salt and fresh black pepper. Optional – sprinkle with dried herbs until lightly coated.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper (to save time cleaning up) and place all veggies on baking tray.
- Roast for 30-45 minutes, mixing every 15 minutes, until all veggies are tender.
- Season with additional sea salt, black pepper and/or herbs if necessary.
- Serve and enjoy!