One of my most favorite things to do is check out episodes at Playing For Change. They are a non profit with a powerful mission, who have the ability to attract the greatest musicians and put together online episodes with very well done audio + video production.
Playing for Change is a multimedia movement created to inspire, connect, and bring peace to the world through music. The idea for this project arose from a common belief that music has the power to break down boundaries and overcome distances between people. No matter whether people come from different geographic, political, economic, spiritual or ideological backgrounds, music has the universal power to transcend and unite us as one human race. And with this truth firmly fixed in our minds, we set out to share it with the world.
This episode covers Bob Marley’s One Love. The following artists were involved in its production:
- Junior Kissangwa – Kinshasa, Congo
- Keb’ Mo – Los Angeles, California
- Louis Mhlanga – Harare, Zimbabwe
- Manu Chao – Barcelona, Spain
- Mermans Kenkosenki – Matadi, Congo
- Oneness Choir – Varadayapalem, India
- Rajhesh Vaidhya Chennai, India
- Roberto Luti – Livorno, Italy
- Sinamuva – Umlazi, South Africa
- Tal Ben Ari “Tula” – Tel Aviv, Israel
- Venkat – Varadayapalem, India
- Vusi Mahlasela – Mamelodi, South Africa
- William Aura – Kathmandu, Nepal