With the holiday season just around the corner, the sweet temptations are many. Here’s a recipe that is better than most, is gluten free, uses good fats and won’t make you feel too guilty about indulging.
- Hearty 1/4 cup organic cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 med size organic eggs
- 1/2-3/4 cup palm sugar (I used 1/2 cup depends on how sweet you like it)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of organic / fair trade vanilla extract
You can also add nuts (pecans or walnuts and or organic dark chocolate chips)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease an 8 inch square pan with a little coconut oil
With a mixer:
- Beat eggs until thick … Slowly add sugar (it will clump up be patient with it… Harder to work
with than regular sugar)
- Slowly mix in cocoa powder
- Add coconut oil and mix until it is smooth
- In a separate bowl combine the rest of the dry ingredients
- Mix all the dry ingredients into the wet mixture
- Lastly add the vanilla. Mix another minute or so with mixer
- Bake for 28-32 minutes…
If you want to add nuts or chocolate chips you can add now but fold them into the batter.
Let cool, cut into squares and enjoy.
nutsonline.com, is a great resource for gluten free baking goods.