Here’s an easy and flavorful Cleanse-friendly soup recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces and ends trimmed
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 lb. fresh baby spinach
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. slivered almonds
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and Vidalia onions. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring often, then remove from heat.
2. Puree asparagus and Vidalia onion mixture in a blender with ½ cup water until smooth.
3. Add spinach, scallions, cucumbers and the remaining cup of water. Blend until smooth. Add avocado, cilantro, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper; puree until smooth.
4. Transfer soup to four serving bowls; garnish with slivered almonds and serve.