Chicken Dumpling Soup
A fresh, ginger-flavored broth with tasty chicken dumplings. You can make the dumplings the day before you need them if kept wrapped and refrigerated.
- 2 quarts vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2-inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and cut in half
- 4 green onions, divided
- 1 pound organic ground chicken
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots, minced
- 2 baby bok choy, finely chopped
- 2 egg whites, divided
- 4 rice paper wrappers
- Place vegetable broth and half the soy sauce in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Thinly slice half the ginger and add it to the broth. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Finely mince the remaining ginger and place in a medium bowl. Finely mince 2 of the green onions and add the bowl. Add chicken, garlic, bamboo shoots, bok choy, remaining soy sauce, and 1 egg white. Mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Place remaining egg white into a small bowl and beat lightly with a fork. Set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a simmer. Remove from heat. Dip rice paper wrappers into hot water for 20 seconds then place on a clean work surface. Cut into quarters.
- Place a tablespoon of the chicken mixture into center of each quarter wrapper.
- Brush edge of wrappers with egg white and fold in open ends together, pinching edges to crimp.
- Remove ginger from broth and increase heat. Bring broth to a boil and drop in the dumplings. Lower heat and simmer until dumplings are cooked through, about 7 minutes. Gently stir the dumplings in the broth as you drop them in.
- Slice remaining green onions diagonally and add to soup before serving.
Simply Delicious Ratatouille
This delicious and versatile vegetable mixture makes a great alternative filling for the acorn squash recipe, for omelets or over a bed of creamy polenta.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Japanese eggplant, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced
- 2 tablespoons thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoons organic rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoons oregano, minced
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh organic basil, chiffonade
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, rosemary, and oregano and cook for 12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetable broth and tomatoes, stirring to combine. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Let cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil. Serve hot.